3.12.13 - Celebrations in the North East for International Day of People with Disabilities
Disabilitydefinition North is pleased to announce that we will be working with The Sage Gateshead once again to present a regional celebration of the International Day of Disabled People. Throughout the afternoon of 3 December 2013, we will host a series of workshops and talks on a variety of topics around the theme of inclusion. Topics covered on the day will include:
- Inclusion and ways of facilitating inclusion for professionals working with disabled people in wider society.
- Deaf Awareness.
- Access to sport for disabled people.
- Learning support for disabled students.
- Inclusion of disabled people in theatre arts.
- Making a grade 2 listed building accessible.
- An overview of the Disability related harassment inquiry ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’.
If you have not yet booked a place please click on the following which will take you to our website and online booking form (Please note we are charging a £5.00 fee to delegates this year): International Day 2013 Booking Form
Evening Event – Tickets Now On Sale
To celebrate this year’s International Day of Disabled People, Disability North in partnership with Sage Gateshead, is delighted to announce there will also be an evening of performances by disabled people and inclusive groups from around the region featuring song, dance, music, drama and film on the 3rd December.
Tickets are now on sale only from Sage Gateshead costing £10.00 each at: Evening Event.
Marketing and Events Manager Disability North