Girls Attitudes Survey
Girlguiding UK have released the findings of this year's Girls Attitudes survey. This major survey, now in its fifth year, canvasses the opinions of over 1,200 girls and young women aged 7 to 21, inside and outside guiding across the UK. The focus of this year's survey was on equality. You can access a copy of the report here: http://girlsattitudes.girlguiding.org.uk/video/girls_attitudes_video.aspx
A few key findings:
- 75% think sexism affects most areas of their lives
- 71% report experiences of sexual harrassment at school or college
- 87% think women are judged more for their looks than ability
- 54% experience onine abuse
- 60% of 16-21 year olds have felt patronised or been made to feel stupid because of their gender.