Agency announces new equality and diversity good practice fund and publishes impact and value for money evaluation
New Equality and Diversity Good Practice Fund (2014/15)
The Skills Funding Agency (the Agency) has announced a further round of equality and diversity grants:
"...with a focus on embedding and sustaining good practice. A prospectus will be available by the end of September for Skills Funding Agency-funded colleges and training organisations to bid for up to £30,000 to deliver six month projects"
The Fund will be managed by ECUdefinition on behalf of the Agency.
Independent Evaluation report Published
The Agency has published the independent evaluation by the Institute for Employment Studies (IES) of three years of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Grant Funding from 2010-2013 which it offered in partnership with the former learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS).
The IES assessed the impact and value for money of the grants. The authors found that, as a result of the funding, projects encouraged good practice across the sector. As well as benefits for learners, they also involved businesses and local communities.
Download the report
Read the Agency news story about the evaluation and download the report and infograhic at: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sfa-grant-success-in-supporting-equality-and-diversity-developments
Please note: The IES evaluation report and infographic may not work with assistive technology. The Agency invites you to contact them for alternate formats if required.
Good practice case studies
The IES report includes 8 good practice case studies taken from the projects. You can find case studies and resources from the 3 funding rounds included in the evaluation and 2 further rounds that were not part of the evaluation online as follows:
On the Education and Training Foundation Excellence Gateway
- EDI round 1 grant funded projects (2009/10) - 17 projects funded by LSIS (NB these projects were not not included in the IES evaluation above)
- EDI round 2 grant funded projects (2010/11) - 15 projects funded by the Agency and LSIS
- EDI round 3 grant funded projects (2011/12) - 25 projects funded by the Agency and LSIS
Here, on the equalitiestoolkit website
- EDI round 4 grant funded projects (2012/13) - 47 projects funded by the Agency and LSIS
- Equality and Diversity Innovation Fund (EDIF) grant funded projects (2013/14) - 41 projects funded by the Agency. These projects are currently putting the finishing touches to their stories and resources. (NB. They were not included in the IES evaluation above)